CNBC has announced the launch of the CNBC App for Apple Watch making the network's "fast, accurate and actionable" business news, financial information and market data available on users' wrists.
"We are very excited to add the CNBC App for Apple Watch to our existing suite of top-rated iOS apps," said Kevin Krim, General Manager and Senior Vice President, CNBC Digital, "CNBC's iOS users are the most engaged in the business and financial news category and we know that they will welcome this new way to stay on top of the financial news and information they need whenever they want it."*
CNBC App for Apple Watch features include:
- The ability to check Personalized Watchlists (stocks, bonds and currencies) and receive market data in real-time. A user can change between price, percentage change and price change using Apple's Force Touch technology
- Change in both sections using Apple's Force Touch technology
- Extended hours pricing after market close
- Breaking news alerts
- Top news headlines, which can be bookmarked to read later on the iPhone using Apple's Handoff technology
- The CNBC App for Apple Watch also offers the newest accessibility features including VoiceOver for the hearing impaired and font adjustment for the visually impaired. Both of these features can be accessed through the Apple Watch or through a user's iPhone settings.
The CNBC App for the Apple Watch is available on iOS 8 and compatible with the recently redesigned CNBC iOS App. The CNBC Business News and Finance App for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch delivers easy access to both authenticated live and on-demand network programming integrated alongside real-time market data and award-winning business news coverage.
The App's modern design empowers users with intuitive navigation, enhanced content discovery and custom video playlists.
Additional features include comprehensive and integrated charts and graphs that allow for both pinch and zoom as well as adjustable chart interfaces which include customizable time horizons, style, event overlays and upper/lower indicators for a truly optimized user experience.